Income tax relief for parents with autism kids

September 17th, 2007

Q: I have a child who has autism. Is there any income tax relief (US federal and state of CA) for parents having kids with special needs -Autism?


Yes.First thing to do is have the child diagnosed with a disability by a doctor.
Second ,social security has monthly money available for totally disabled US citizens and residents.

The IRS gives out Earned Income Tax Credit or EIC which tops out around $2600 with around $11000 yearly income to the taxpayer.

If the disabled child is your dependent and you provide more than 50% support for this person the the IRS will pay you that EIC money every year that the disabled person is alive and you are supporting them.
Also you get the extra dependent deduction each year.

Technorati :

Add to:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.